Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 7. Learning to learn


Education is changing, and society is also changing very quickly, we could not imagine the tremendous impact that technology is having today, let's just talk about a few years ago, when there were not such technological devices we know now, of course, our students and even our children cannot believe we could live without Internet , mobile phones, plasma t.v’s , etc. A world without technology would be like a book without words, empty. Communication is not only human as we know, but the humans are the ones that need communication more than any other creature on earth.

We live now in a world full of knowledge, but how  we are applying that knowledge is the fact that really matters, there is a teaching in almost every activity we do, so, there is much sense when we say that the students need autonomy to learn, because they are the ones that have to know how to process that information, I think that we cannot give them tools for overcoming difficulties in this issue, we must be advisors and our mission is to let them work and learn by themselves , even they have to learn what tools to create and how to use them.

I am learning to learn by myself, it is not an easy topic to handle but I am trying to be better every day, I know my limitations but I am sure I am going to succeed in the end…

Marcos Morales

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcos

    I like your title learning to learn and I think it sums up what we are trying to gain from this e-course which is knowledge and learning new things that will add a lot to our career as teachers and also as learners. Thus being an autonomous learner is a concept that we first apply on ourselves then on our students.

    Nesrine

    Tunisia

    ReplyDelete