One of the most used strategies for teachers are the games or something fun in class, after checking all the tools we have , I have realized that we do not put in practice this with our grown up students, and I think they could enjoy activities like wordsearch ( I did it) crossword puzzles, etc, we think they are not children, but it is not necessary to be a child to enjoy things like the ones I tell you...... Just remember, when I buy the newspaper I go straight to the section in which I found the cross word puzzle, and i really enjoy it, so, why not doing fun activities in class?.
Every resource we use in class is valid if the students enjoy and learn from it, I think we all should begin the class with fun activities to catch the attention of the students and make the atmosphere nicer and friendlier.
Sometimes we think that the only tools we have are the cd player and the tv, we have to look beyond this to help our students in the target of learning a new language.
Dear Marcos,
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with you that any source is valid as long as they enjoy and learn from it, though sometimes, we choose to use an source that may not be fun for them, but we as instructors know that it is effective.
Fun activities I believe that depend on how creative a teacher is, so I would assume you are one since it is part of your speech; being a creative teacher, it is one of the most important characteristics a teacher should have to succeed in his role as an educator.
Alvaro
Hi Marcos,
ReplyDeleteIt is important for teachers to use resources in teaching for many reasons. First, they help students to understand the object of the lesson.
Additionally, they help the teacher to evaluate the students if they understand the lesson or not. But sometimes teachers take long time to prepare some resources and they are not successful that's why teachers should think of some resources which would be helpful for both teacher and students
Regards,
Santiago
teacher, i need to talk with you please... received the mail... my cell phone number is 0987891991 thank you teacher and my mail address is gatolqsqd@hotmail.com
ReplyDelete